We started Day Four with a pretty drive through the mountains.
Ah, another day surrounded by majestic greatness. :)
Our first stop was the grave of William Frederick Cody, or Buffalo Bill, nestled atop Lookout Mountain.
When they named it "Lookout Mountain," I'm sure you could see more than 13 feet past the edge. As you can see, not even a cloud could dampen the boys' moods.
Here we have our first (and only?) family portrait for the trip, taken by a kindly English gentleman. We were happy all tongues stayed in their respective mouths for this one.
Look familiar? Yep, we had time to stop by Michelle's old stomping grounds. She said she didn't remember the tree out front, but she did remember the gate out back, and something about sitting on a cactus...
Here we have another Colorado classic. Michelle's been talking this one up for the last eight years, so we couldn't NOT go. :) But it was awesome, and the food was great (by that, I mean the food was tasty and massive). We saw cliff diving, juggling, comedy acts, and a mini-haunted house. The boys loved it....
...but I think they loved their light sabers we bought them even more. Look at Cameron, the padawan. He even has the haircut! Does that make Daddy Obi-Wan?
The view at Red Rocks Park was gorgeous. The rocks were so big, the boys (Daddy included) just wanted to climb all over them. But we couldn't, because that meant a $999 fine or 180 days in jail or both, as 63 signs throughout the park told us. BUMMER!
Yes, we hiked yet another trail, but we're happy to say: it was puke free!
And it ended as all such days should, with parental success: complete child exhaustion!
2 comments:
Please put in larger pictures. we can't blow the small ones up large enough to see things without them getting blurry. Your making Mom & I jealous. Keep having fun and be safe
M&D
I have to take my fam to Casa Bonita. I'm jealous as well.
Post a Comment