Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Colorado Vacation, 9/10

Day Three of our family adventure took us to Leadville, CO. The drive was winding again, full of cliff-hanging switchbacks like in a James Bond car-chase scene. Minus the gunshots. And...we drove a mini-van.






Here we are at the train station for the Leadville, Colorado, & Southern Railroad, about to embark on the 2.5 hour train ride. Note the optimism again! I think another definition for that word is "should've learned their lesson last time."





Here's a good shot from the train. Hey, it WAS a beautiful trip, minus the puke (see below).











Yes, Michelle DID go on the vacation with us! She's just usually the camera hog.






This is a scenic shot of a gully near where the train stopped before returning to Leadville. I only include it here because it's the site of what's now known as the Head Puking Incident.

The dry Colorado air has improved everyone's allergies, except for Garrett, who's spent the last few days coughing and gagging on phlegm. Pleasant, I know. Anyway, Daddy had Garrett on his shoulders while Cameron and Michelle walked around shooting pics. And Garrett coughed, and coughed some more, and finally let loose all over Daddy's scalp.

Daddy could have sworn he heard Michelle giggle while she cleaned him up. But maybe it was his imagination.




We ended the day, appropriately, with a huge jacuzzi-powered bubble bath. Daddy's was next.

1 comment:

Bryan / Pamela said...

hahaha I can just hear it now I do think Michelle was giggleing as was I. Sorry Mike. But it just reminds me of the time McCayla pucked on me. Ask Michelle about that one. Hint for her Uncle Hollis' Funeral Windy curvey roads and a 1 year old or was she 2 not sure. You will be able to look back at that day and laugh and mention it to GareBear's Girlfriends too. Blackmail always a good thing for parents!!!!