Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Past Week

Let me catch you up on the last week. It has been a busy one and that is why I haven't written on here for a while. Last Thursday night I went to a Mary Kay success meeting, the first one I have been to since Cameron was born, and I saw my director who lives in Nebraska. That was fun! Then we went to the Cheesecake factory at the Galleria afterward. Let me tell if you have never been to one you need to go. The cheesecake is out of this world. It is a little pricey but it is worth the splurge every once in a while. While there an opportunity was laid before me to go Career Conference which is a big deal in Mary Kay. I have never been since I started my business 5 years ago. It was very inspiring not only from a business perspective, but also from a life perspective. I need to learn to be more of an optimist and to step out of my comfort zone more often. I find that I am more and more comfortable the longer I stay at home. I don't associate with many people outside of my church family and so I forget how to talk to other people. I don't usually strike up a conversation with just anyone. I need to do this both for my business' sake and for more witnessing opportunities. Well, the conference was on Friday night and Saturday. I ended up skipping the last two hour session on Saturday so that I could go to meet my family at the zoo. I can tell you that I was the best dressed person at the zoo because I was still in my business dress. Then that night I had a date with my husband while Memaw and Pop let the boys spend the night. Sunday after church was spent painting. Monday the boys and I had a day. It started off with Garrett spreading his Stage one toothpaste all over the floor, at least it was clear. Later on when we went to the store Cameron threw a huge fit in the middle of the store with crying and the whole nine yards. We were very close to going to the bathroom, if you know what I mean. Finally, he settled down and he was fine the rest of the store. It was all because he didn't want to sit in the cart and I didn't want to let him out because he would be all over the place. In other words he just wanted his own way which is typical. If I know anything about strong willed children it is that they always want to win the fight. I have to fight Cameron on just about everything because he wants to win. Tuesday was bunko night and we had to clean the house together. The boys did "help" a little. It wasn't too bad. That should just about catch you up.

1 comment:

Bryan / Pamela said...

That's pretty fun. You forgot about the fact that you learned that your neice was diagnosis with Diabetes. Oh yeah what are you doing around Oct. 18th. There is a walk for Diabetes in Lafayette and I am going to do it and was wondering if you would be willing to do it with me and meet more people and widen your comfort level. hehe like how I managed to get that in there. Love ya