This past week we did two family events together. On Wednesday we went to Six Flags with the family. We took Memaw and Pop along for help. Unfortunately, Mike convinced his Dad to go on the Batman ride first thing and he was out of commission the rest of the day. Cameron would have gone but he was not tall enough. Cameron is a definite thrill seeker like his Daddy. He went on every roller coaster he could. Those were the Tony Hawk (twice), Screamin Eagle, Evel Kenevel, The Boss (twice) (I screamed the whole time), the Mine Train and everything else that was a thrill. Garrett spent most of his time in the kiddy section because he couldn't go on much else. Hey Pam, I just wanted to let you know that they must have new management at Six Flags this year because the park was much cleaner and there were flowers everywhere just like we remember from when we worked there. It was much different that last year. There was a new rule which was kind of a pain though. You couldn't have any purses of any size on the some of the rides and they charged $1.00 for lockers by those rides which were only for use during the rides. I got all the way on the Mine Train ride with Cameron and they told me I couldn't have my wallet purse on there so we had to get off. Luckily, the lines were very short that day. At 4:00 Memaw and Pop took Keira and Garrett back to their house to spend the night while we kept Cameron with us to close the park. We had been wanted to go out with just Cameron for a while. First thing we did after the other kids left was to eat. Our diet must be working because we bought three kids meals at the moose lodge and we were each full from one kids meal. Later on in the night when we watched the glow in the dark parade, which was really cool, we had some ice cream but each of us threw away half because we were full. Next time we will know to only buy one. All in all it was a very fun day.
Yesterday, was our other family fun event. We went down to the arch grounds because Franklin Graham was putting on an event called Rock the River. This was more of Mike's music than mine but it was such a nice day to sit in the shade in our chairs and enjoy the day. The two bands that Mike wanted to see were Red and Skillet. It was seven hours of bands and Red was the first one so we missed it and Skillet was next to last. The kids did very well considering we were there so long. Mike would take one of the boys over to see the bands and then com back to get the other one. We brought our chairs so I sat there in the shade with Keira. It was back a little bit so it wasn't too loud but I could still understand everything. We brought a picnic dinner and just had a good time. Of course good times right now take a lot of work with young kids but I hope that we are making memories that will last a lifetime. Out of all my childhood the memories that stand out the most are the times we spent together as a family. Even now Mike is amazed that I can remember so much of what we did on each of our vacations.
1 comment:
I'm glad to hear that Six Flags has cleaned up their act!!! I could work there again and fell proud? hehe.
Post a Comment