Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update on Our Household

So far I have not been put to the test of having three kids on my own. Mike has been home for the last week and he has entertained the boys and kept them busy. He went back to work today, but his Mom and Dad have come over to help with the boys since school was cancelled today and they didn't have to drive the buses. I have, of course, spent much of my time with Keira keeping her well fed and happy. She is a pretty happy girl so far and she sleeps well when she is tightly wrapped and in her crib. Unfortunately, since Monday she has to spend 2 nights sleeping on a phototherapy bed for her jaundice. This hasn't been as nice for her because she has to sleep naked except for a diaper. The girl does not like having her clothes off. She doesn't like baths for this reason either. They are just not a fun thing for her. Because of the jaundice I have had to take her to the hospital every day and get her blood drawn. That has not been a fun chore especially with the snow and sleet that we have had the past couple of days. At least I have not had to take Cameron and Garrett out with me. We will see how everything goes next week when I have the boys and girl all to myself. It is very interesting to see the boy's different personalities come out since Keira has been born. Cameron is having a little bit of a hard time with it and it comes out with an attitude and disobedience issues. I hope that in a few months he is over it. Garrett on the other hand is the little nurturer. He wants to hug and kiss her and help feed her. He is very protective and gentle and always watching out for her. It is so cute. Here is an example of their different natures: At night when the boys go to bed I ask if they want to say goodnight to Keira. Garrett gives her a little hug and a kiss and I lift her up to Cameron's bunkbed and he tells me, "I already said Goodnight" meaning he said the words isn't that enough. I just wonder what her personality will be like.

1 comment:

Bryan / Pamela said...

Awe! Cute. But I bet cameron will be the tough protector of her when she is older and he's older too.