This weekend was full of highs and lows. The high was that we spent Saturday with Memaw and Pop over at the St. Louis Mills. The kids were able to play on the indoor playground for a few hours and get all of their energy for the day out. We took Memaw to Chevy's for her birthday lunch and that was really good. Then we each got to do a little shopping. Memaw bought clothes for Keira and some toys for the boys. All in all we spent about 6 or 7 hours there. It was great fun but we were all worn out. We came home gave the boys their shower and watched Crusoe together. Then we put the boys to bed and gave Keira her bath. She liked it a little better this time. It was a great day.
Then came the low, Garrett woke up at 3 am with the croup. He sounded just awful and it was hard for him to breath. I didn't want him upset so I tried to calm him while Mike called the hospital. They said to take him out in the cold for a while so I did that and Mike set up the vaporizer. Cameron was also awake during all of this too. The only one sleeping was Keira. By the way, she has been sleeping 6 and 7 hours at night. This is a blessing. I ended up waking her up at 5 to feed her after both the boys were back in bed. Then I went back to bed and Mike stayed up. At six Garrett woke up again and we went through the whole routine again. Needless to say we didn't make it to church which is the first time in a long time except for when we are gone on vacation. We did end up going to Mike's parents to watch the Superbowl. Mike just likes to watch the commercials. Then we came home, put the boys and Keira to bed and crashed. Garrett slept a little better last night, but I think that it was in little spurts. He did not have the croupy cough, but he was still all congested. Today he has been pretty lethargic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment