Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy Week

Our busy week started last Friday when I was bored around the house and decided to go on a spur of the moment trip to Cahokia Mounds an Indian site close to us. We walked up the great Monks mound and then took a tour of the Visitors center. It was very nice. Not the same as when I was a kid. That kept us busy for a few hours and then we came home to take a nap.

Saturday Mike worked on the yard all day. I also went to Jean's baby shower which reminded me of when I was pregnant with Cameron.

Sunday was a totally impromptu day which started out with church (that was planned). When we came home Mike gave some older friends of ours a call because he needed to work on their computer. We went over there for lunch and while we were there their daughter who is in her late twenties stopped by with her boyfriend to visit her parents. Well, it turns out that she loves kids and she ended up taking the boys into the pool and playing with them for two hours. None of us brought swimsuits because we were not expecting to swim so Cameron wore his underwear and Garrett wore his regular diaper until it got to heavy and fell off and then he just skinny dipped. They loved it and we now found a backup babysitter. That night the boys spent the night at Memaw and Pops house so that Mike and I could go see the movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth" with the friends whose house we went to earlier.

Tuesday night we took the boys to Splash City a small water park near us in Collinsville. We had never been there before and the boys enjoyed their first visit. It has several little water play areas for the littler kids which is nice. It is nothing like Six Flags but it was fun. We went on Tuesday night because it is family night and the rate is half price.

This morning I took the boys to see "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything", a veggie tales movie, at the local theater. It was a free showing. We like free! I was actually glad that we were able to see it now because we missed it when it came to the theater the first time.

I am just a little bit tired now. Plus, adding to all this Mike started a new work schedule. He now works 11 hours a day four days a week and is off on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. He leaves at 6:30 and comes home at 6:30. This has been a little adjustment because I was used to sleeping in until 8:00am and he would feed them breakfast. Now I have to get up early and we have to eat all three meals without Daddy. I'm sure it will all be worth it when he is home on Friday. We did it to save a little gas money. His work started offering this at the beginning of the year because of the highway 40 construction. We are just going to take advantage of this opportunity to try and save a little money.

1 comment:

Bryan / Pamela said...

Sounds like you have had a very very busy week. Man and it's only Wednesday.