Friday, July 4, 2008

First Trip to Six Flags

Wednesday we went to Six Flags with Pam, Bryan, McCayla, Zachery and Bryan's Mom, Diane. It was the first time that any of the kids had gone there. I was a little apprehensive about how I would feel being in the heat all day and not eating regular meals, or getting my daily nap but there was nothing to worry about. I felt fine all day and we all had a blast. We started off our day with a huge breakfast at McDonald's before entering the park. That ended up lasting us until 2 or 3 o'clock. Then we bathed ourselves in sunscreen and loaded up the cars to head off to the park. The first ride that we went on was the log flume. The kids really liked that one and it was the only wet ride we went on all day because the Thunder River was shut down for the week due to maintenance. Then Bryan, Pam, Mike and Diane went on the Evel Kenneval coaster and Pam and I took the kids on the Moon Cars. Pam was supposed to make it back to the coaster on time to do a parent swap but while Garrett and I were driving the Moon cars we got stuck on the track and that took extra time. OOps! That was okay because none of the lines were very long in the park that day. Wednesday must be a good day to go. Most of the lines were only 15 to 20 minutes. The only two long ones were Tony Hawk and Superman and that was probably because they were not filling the cars up like they used to do. Pam and I were noticing several things that were different about the park since we worked there in 95 and 96. It was a little disappointing. All day long we were busy and we had fun. My little thrill seeker Cameron went on all the rides that he could due to height requirements. He went on the Screamin Eagle once and then asked Daddy if he could go again which they did because there was hardly any line at all. Garrett and I stuck to the more docile rides because he was too little for most of the rides and I being pregnant did not want to make myself sick. I think that I spent half my day in the kiddie section. We had a very full and fun day when about an hour and a half before the park closed we decided to get ice cream and then hit the last of the rides. Lucky for us we decided on ice cream at that particular moment because it down poured and there was a severe thunder storm warning. There was lightening and thunder everywhere so we stayed put for about an hour or so and then made a break for it. We got pretty wet going for the car but not drenched because we waited for a lull. Mike and I changed the boys into their pajamas in the car which we had brought along so that we wouldn't have to wake them to put them to bed when we arrived back home. We knew that they would crash on the car ride home. This was the account of our first trip to Six Flags.

I do want to mention to those that live in the St. Louis area that Six Flags is running a special from now through October. You can go to Six Flags six times this season for the price of a one day admission ticket which is $35.99. We were very tempted to do this except for the fact that I am pregnant and I can't go on much. Plus, when you have little ones it is much better to go with a group. Another thing is they do have the parent swap where one parent goes and stands in line and when they get off the ride the other parent with the kids can then get on without waiting in line again. This is not well advertised and you have to be assertive when using this privilege because the operators of the ride do not always let you get on first before they open the gates.


No comments: