Okay, I have been really bad about keeping up my blogs. There just hasn't been that much going on around here. We have basically been hibernating from the St. Louis heat and humidity. I've been out a few times to water the flowers and go to the store before it gets blazing hot. I am just not one for the summer heat and humidity. I would rather have the nice 70 degree weather. I am biding my time until we go on our vacation to Colorado in September. I can't wait. Mike and I have never been there together and I haven't been there since 1995. I absolutely love the mountains. They are so beautiful. It must be in my blood since I was born there. I would rather go to the mountains than a beach. Mike is just the opposite. He loves the beach. I guess that we will have to try for one of those next year. Although next year we will be going to Branson also because it will be our year to stay in our own timeshare down there. That will be fun.
Let me see, what else has been going on around here. We held a Sunday School reunion party here a couple of weeks ago. That was nice to see all of the old friends again. We are all working at teaching preschoolers, middle schoolers, or high schoolers so we don't see a lot of each other lately. Mike and I teach the two year olds for Sunday School. They are not too bad unless we have about 14 of them and a couple are criers.
Mike gave me a weekend off this past weekend. You may ask what is this? Well, since I am with the kids pretty much 24/7 then Mike gives me every third weekend when he takes the boys over to his parents house for Friday night and Saturday day. This gives me a chance to relax and unwind. I really enjoy the peace and quite of having the house to myself. This past weekend I worked on a table runner sample that we will be teaching people how to make on August 2, and a dress that I wanted to make for last Sunday, but I didn't get it done because I wanted to watch some chick flicks. I will try to finish it sometime this week so that I can wear it to church on Sunday. I am running out of dresses that fit my growing belly.
I think that pretty much catches you up on our laid back two weeks. Oh and for fun Mike and I have watched a couple of good movies. One was John Adams the mini series that was on HBO. Mike's parents bought a copy of it and Mike and I learned many things about John Adams and what he did to help form this country. Very interesting. We are now watching a documentary that PBS put out on the civil war. This is also very fascinating to us. I know, I know. Some of you are thinking you guys need a life. We just find history to be very interesting and I love hearing stories of peoples lives. In fact, my new favorite kind of book is a biography. I am now reading Julie Andrews biography. I never thought that I would be interested in that before, but tastes change. I have also read Nicholas Sparks' biography and Chuck Norris' biography. Both were fascinating.
Now you know why I haven't kept up with my blog very well. There is just not much interesting going on around here. The boys have been arguing quite a bit, but that is usual. Cameron also goes around the house saying my little sister will do this and that. We are really hoping that we have a girl. Everyone here wants one. We will not find out for another 6 months what it is though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You better have a girl!! That's all I can say on that. hehe. What ever you have it will be wonderful. I hope that Garrebear is going to deal with it well.
Post a Comment