I am just amazed at how fast kids can catch on to reading once they start learning the sounds and letters. Cameron has only been in school for six weeks (I think) and he just read to me about 10 pages of Dr. Suess's "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish". I had to help him with some of the words, but he did extremely well on the words he recognized and even some of the ones he didn't. I am amazed.
He had his school pictures taken today. He looked so very handsome. I can't wait to see the results. I will have to take Garrett and Keira up to Wal-Mart soon to get their pictures taken. That will have to be when I have a little extra cash (ha, ha). I haven't had Keira's pictures taken at all yet and the last time Garrett had professional pictures by himself was when he was 6 months old. I guess I am a little behind. Time goes by so fast. I blink and then they are all so much older. Keira is only four months away from being a year old.
On another note, Mike and I did get the big toys that we had been saving for. I saved for a fabric die cutting machine that cuts out quilt blocks perfectly every time. I already cut out a whole wall quilt. Now I need to sew it together. I only have two dies for it so far so I will be adding more throughout the year as the money allows. Mike and I both give ourselves an allowance and that is how we save for the things we want. It is not a large allowance so it gives us patience as well. Mike said that I could also have the money that I have been earning from my sewing jobs unless I make a lot of money at it and then we will have to make it family money. I think that I have a lot more patience than Mike. He has only wanted his new computer for a little over five months while I have wanted mine for over a year. He wanted a new computer to play games on. I get his old laptop to put my embroidery designs on for my embroidery machine. It worked out well, I guess. Now the laptop that I am using now, which is our home computer, the lid will not shut because it broke. I'm not getting it fixed though because they want a rediculous amount of money to fix a hinge. I could almost buy another computer for the kind of money they want to fix it, but I won't because there is nothing wrong with the electronics of this computer.
Well, I had better go make some birthday cards and then head off to bed. Talk at you all later if anyone still reads this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
once they start you can,t stop them.
Yes I still read your blog. And tell me about it. This year I started getting Zach pictures by himself. McCayla didn't like it at first but I did reminder her that she gets school pictures twice a year and I haven't had one done of just Zach ever. She was then fine with that now. Look at my facebook account to see the pictures of Zach by himself and as soon as I get McCayla's school pictures I'll post them both on here and Facebook.
Post a Comment