Friday, October 9, 2009

What's Up?


Hello everyone in cyber world! Let's see what is new in our neck of the woods. It has been raining for two whole days. That is a bummer, but on Wednesday I took Garrett and Keira to the park for an afternoon of fun. Cameron had chapel earlier that day and his class was on stage performing a song called "Adam and Eve" set to the tune of the Adams family. It was very cute. He is learning so much and having great fun at it. Garrett is adjusting to life without his brother. He has discovered pbskids.org on the computer and he loves playing all of the learning games.
He is also my lap buddy while I am sewing which has been quite a bit lately. I've been busy with embroidery, hemming pants, making quilt blocks and so forth. I have learned to divide my day into three phases and I am very productive this way. The house chores are the thing that falls off the plate most often. If I do one or two little things in a day it's good. Speaking of which, I guess that I had better go make dinner soon. What to make, what to make...

Just a few things to let you all know about if you live in the area. Next week at First Baptist church of Maryville we will be hosting Team Impact. They are a group made up of several very, very strong men who will be demonstrating their feats of strength as well as sharing the gospel. It looks like it will be really cool. I think that the boys are really going to like it. If you think you would be interested I can give you more details. Another thing is that my MOPS group is having a fund raiser by selling some homemade mixes for a donation of $5.00 each. We have Oatmeal spice cookie mix, Leftover soup mix, rich and creamy hot cocoa mix (this is so delicious, nothing like the mixes in the store) and whole grain pancake mix. These would make great Christmas gifts for teachers, bosses, work gift exchanges or whoever. If you would be interested in these items I need to know by November 5th that is when we are making the mixes.

No comments: