Mike and I were watching the news last night at dinner like we usually do and an article came on about religion in America and how more people are becoming or have a spiritual awareness. On the surface this sounds great but the more statistics they spouted out and and the more they talked the more uneasy Mike and I felt. Here is the crux of the matter. More people are believing in heaven and a spiritual being but less people are believing that Jesus is the only way to heaven. They believe that there are many paths to heaven. Jesus says himself in John 14:6 "I am the way the truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." Meaning no one gets to heaven unless they believe that Jesus died and rose from the grave for our sins. It was very sad for Mike and I to hear that so many people are being deceived by Satan into believing that they can get to heaven any which way they want. I know that some of my readers of this blog may fall under this category. All I can say is please do not be deceived into believing a lie. Jesus is the only way to heaven. The Bible is the only book that has never lied and is so well documented that it cannot be disputed if one only digs in and actually reads it for themselves. Many intellectual people have set out to prove the Bible wrong and ended up conceding that it is the truth. There are two more things about this article that sent chills up and down our spines and those are that some day our boys and "Nugget" will be out in this world full of lies and we pray fervently that they will not fall prey to the lies of this world and the second thing is that some day in the future I may be persecuted or thrown into jail or worse for saying that Jesus is the only way. It already happens in many countries around the world, like China.
I felt compelled to write about this subject and I cannot apologize for the truth of it. I, however, do not want my views to ostracize any of you as friends. Please feel free to ask me questions if you would like or we can just be friends without discussing religion at all. Thank you for letting me vent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen, sweetie!
Don't ever back down! If they are real friends you want them with you in Heaven. They have to know the truth. Waboo
Post a Comment