Friday, June 20, 2008
Update on Butterflies
It has actually been a while since I have written an update and the caterpillers turned into butterflies shortly after I made the last post. We kept them for about 4 days while we fed them some sugar water. They were fun to watch and they would flutter when we walked by them. This also attracted the cat, Trinity. She also liked to watch them and she would knock their butterfly treehouse onto the floor. I don't think that they liked that. Mike and I also saw a couple of them mating and I didn't want her to lay the eggs inside the treehouse because we don't have food for them. We ended up releasing five butterflies into the wild last Monday night. We took them out on our fingers and they would fly away. Poor Garrett cried because the butterfly would not land on his finger but instead just flew away. I told him that we would get more someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment