This past Saturday we celebrated Keira's 1st Birthday. Her actual birthday was on Thursday, but I couldn't get the whole party together on that day so we had it Saturday. The theme for the party was ladybugs. I made a ladybug cake, ladybug appetizers, ladybug cookies, and ladybug sandwiches. Garrett picked the theme and I am wondering if he remembered that we nicknamed Keira ladybug when we first brought her home because she was so red in the hospital. She had her first piece of chocolate ladybug cake. I don't think I got a picture though because we took a video instead.
Here is Memaw holding Keira in her birthday outfit. I made the skirt for her and Bonnie bought the shirt.
Here is Keira cuddling with her blankie that Bonnie made her. Now she has one just like the boys. They love their blankets and they go everywhere with them. I'm sure it will be the same for Keira. She also received clothes and a shabby chic picture frame and some books.
Today we took the kids to the Science Center where we saw the Dinosaurs Unearthed exhibit. It was very cool. Cameron loved it, Garrett was a tiny bit scared and Keira was taking it all in. The dinosaurs were animitronic puppets that moved and roared. That was what had Garrett a little on edge. He even had sweaty palms. Poor guy. It was a fun family day/weekend.
The Koala bear in this picture is the class Koala bear named KC. He got to go on the adventure today with Cameron. Every weekend a different child from class takes KC home and they take him on an adventure and they take him back to school and tell of KC's weekend fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment