Friday, January 15, 2010

Ahh, Mommy Night

I am having my first Mommy night in a while and am enjoying the quiet, peaceful house. It is so wonderful to hear nothing sometimes. Even the animals are behaving themselves tonight. Of course, I have spent most of my evening on this silly computer but that is okay.

In the way of family news, Cameron got his second report card and he is doing excellent in everything. That is no surprise to us because he is a very smart boy. He is also learning to follow directions most of the time. I think he does better at this at school than he does at home sometimes.

Garrett is still very quiet during the day and doesn't do much during the day without his brother. He has discovered video games on the X-box and computer and he is starting to enjoy them more and more. In fact, Mike just bought the boys a kids role playing strategy game and he installed it on all three computers. They can both play the game on their own computer. The only problem with this is that Mommy can't sit down to check her e-mails because the boys are playing their games. Oh well, I don't need to spend all my time on the computer.

Keira is almost one year old. I can't believe how time flies. She is not walking yet but she loves to crawl and to pull up on anything and everything even if they are not sturdy enough which has caused more than a few bruises. She also falls down all the time which causes more bruises. What are they going to think at the Doctors office when I take her next week? LOL She'll get the hang of it soon with all this practice. In fact, just today she was concentrating on a piece of mail that she had in her hand and forgot to hold on to something so she was standing on her own for a few seconds. She did very well.

Mike is putting in some hard hours of coding at work. He is the sole worker on this project he is working on so everything must be done right. It is taking a lot of effort but will pay off in the end. This project should be over by the end of the month though so he can take a breather. He still has his game nights to look forward to this month.

I have been very busy with my new job. I had two projects the week before last and 5 projects this past week. I have a little bit of time on a couple of those projects. It is so exciting for me. You may wonder how I can get it all done with three kids. Garrett and Keira are so good during the day that it is not hard. After I drop Cameron off at school then I come home and do some chores. When Keira goes down for her nap at 9 or 9:30 I then do a little sewing. She gets up for a nap and I feed the kids and spend time with them and at one Keira goes down for another nap. I then sew for another hour and then go pick up Cameron. I am usually done sewing when he gets home until after the kids go to bed and then I may or may not work on some more sewing. It's not that hard to work in I just have to use my time very wisely.




Mike already has Keira on the computer.

1 comment:

Suzy O. said...

Mommy night sounds fabulous. I think we should institute something like that around here. :) Glad to hear Cameron is doing so well in school.